Name: Judyta Maria Cichocka
Date and place of birth: May 17, 1989, Rzeszow, Poland.
|10/2020 – now||Saule Technologies||design & optimization specialist||Wroclaw, PL|
|03/2020 – 09/2020||Wroclaw University of Technology, Department of History of Architecture, Art and Technology||research assistant professor||Wroclaw, PL|
|05/2020 – 07/2020||Brandenburgische Technische Universität (BTU), Faculty 6 Digital Design Methods||lecturer||Cottbus, DE|
|06/2019 – 09/2019||BuroHappold Engineering||computational designer||Boston, US|
|11/2016 – 07/2018||Parametric Support (spin-off TU Berlin)||co-founder & COO||Berlin, DE|
|10/2017 – 02/2018||Universitat der Kunste||lecturer||Berlin, DE|
|12/2014 – 02/2016||Victoria University of Wellington, School of Computer Science and Engineering||visiting staff member||Wellington, NZ|
|09/2018 – 02/2020||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Master of Engineering (MEng) in Structural Mechanics & Design||Digital Structures Group||Boston, US|
|10/2013 – 07/2018||Wroclaw University of Technology and Science, Department of Architecture||Dr Eng. Arch. with honors||Laboratory of Digital Fabrication (LabDigiFab)||Wroclaw, PL|
|10/2012 – 07/2013||Wroclaw University of Technology and Science, Department of Architecture||Master Eng. Arch. specialization: conservation of monuments||Laboratory of Digital Fabrication (LabDigiFab)||Wroclaw, PL|
Licenses & certifications
Fab Academy 2023 - Issued Jul 2023, Alumni List
Cryptocurrency - MIT Media Lab, Issued Aug 2022, Credential ID 55884175 see credential
IELTS (8.0) - British Council IELTS (International English Language Testing System)British Council IELTS (International English Language Testing System), Issued Oct 2017 · Credential ID 17DE009486CICJ708A
Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Valid Certificate ID: 28173c7c3f3840afac282248f820b356 see credential
Certificate in Advanced English (CEA) - University of Cambridge University of Cambridge Credential ID 0032274274
TRKI 2 - 2nd Certificate Level in Russian - 2nd Certificate Level in Russian, Saint Petersburg State UniversitySaint Petersburg State University Credential ID 0022340
Organisation of international conferences
I was one of the main organizers of the first international conference organized in Poland in the field of computer-aided design. SHAPES OF LOGIC International Conference of Parametric Design 2015, 13-15th March 2015, Wrocław, Poland. Organizers: LabDigiFab (Marta Pakowska, Joanna Symonowicz, Judyta Cichocka, Maciej Nisztuk, Jakub Ławicki, Konrad Kulwicki, Magdalena Grzegorzewska, Agnieszka Wolska).
Participation in industrial innovation
My research has been always application-oriented, therefore during my carrier I collaborated with industry (AJ System, Perfopol, 3YOURMIND). I also set-up my own innovation-based company Parametric Support UG. In 2016, I received a grant from the German Federal Ministry of Economy and Energy (BMWi) to create an application for multi-criteria optimization of architectural design. The optimizer co-created by me was awarded in the preset competition "MACHINE LEARNING ACROSS DISCIPLINES" organized by MIT in 2019. The application was used in the optimization of several projects in Mexico and Germany in cooperation with such offices as: Fernando Romero Enterprise, Tatiana Bilbao or GVA Architectos. My company Parametric Support UG was providing consulting services in the field of Architectural Design Optimization (ADO), and in 2017 was selected to TOP30 of European companies working to improve the climate of CLIMATE-KIC.
Prizes and Awards
- 2023 BURNING MAN 2023 HONORARIA - LIVINING KNITWORK PAVILION. I was a part of the multidisciplinary collective designing and building the installation during the Burning Man 2023 in Black Rock City. Links: project website , MIT website
- 2021 CONTRIBUTION TO WINNING EXPO 2020 POLISH PAVILION. I designed with Saule Technologies the Perovskite Facade of the pavilion. Links: gov.pl, sauletech.com
- 2019 MIT NOMINEE, SOM STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH GRANT. One of two nominees representing MIT in the competition.
- 2019 WINNER IN THE MIT COMPETITION MACHINE LEARNING ACROSS DISCIPLINES. The prize was awarded for the prototype of the multi-criteria GOLDFISH optimizer, cooperating with Radosław Grymin, supporting the decision-making process in engineering disciplines related to design, with particular emphasis on architecture and civil engineering. Awarding institution: MIT Schwarzman College of Computing.
- 2018 WINNER OF POLITICA SCIENTIFIC AWARDS, Winner in the Technical Sciences category of the 18th ed. of the POLITYKA Scientific Awards
- 2018 WINNER OF DREAM BOOST SCHOLARSHIP. The scholarship awarded in an international competition; three winners based on the portfolio were selected from candidates from around the world dealing in parametric design techniques. Awarding institution: Design Morphine
- 2017 GRANT FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS FOR DOCTORAL STUDENTS – POLISH MINISTRY OF EDUCATION. Awarding institution: Polish Minister of Science and Higher Education - Jarosław Gowin.
- 2017 FULBRIGHT GRADUATE AWARD FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019. A prestigious American scholarship awarded for the implementation of the Master of Engineering (Civil Engineering) program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Awarding institution: Polish-American Fulbright Foundation.
- 2017 1 OF 2 WINNERS OF CLIMAT-KIC POLSKA (cat. English). Parametric Support - Artificial Intelligence for Architecture, Polish representative at the Venture Competition Oslo. Awarding institution: Climat-KIC.
- 2016 MINISTER'S AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS FOR DOCTORAL STUDENTS FOR 2016/2017. Award-granting institution: Minister of Science and Higher Education.
- 2016 2ND PLACE, ART IN STRUCTURE COMPETITION. Award in the international competition for the Hiriwa Pavilion - innovative steel structure project, presented at the international Sculpture Park exhibition in Auckland, New Zealand, the institution awarding: Fletcher Steel Limited trading as Easysteel. Victoria University of Wellington article
- 2015 MINISTER'S AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS FOR DOCTORAL STUDENTS FOR 2015/2016. Award-granting institution: Minister of Science and Higher Education.
- 2015 HONORABLE MENTION, RESHAPE15 | WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION. Honorable mention for the design of eyeglass frames using evolutionary structural optimization techniques, project presented at four international exhibitions in Barcelona and Rome, Awarding institution: NOUMENA, IN (3D) INDUSTRY
- 2014 VECTORWORKS DESIGN SCHOLARSHIP IN ARCHITECTURE. International American Scholarship for the Best Diploma Theses of Architecture Students, an institution awarding Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., Columbia, Maryland, US.
- 2014 AWARD OF RECTOR OF WROCLAW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- 2014 2ND PLACE (SILVER MEDAL) ARCHITECTURE OF EASTERN SIBERIA 2014. Award for the Entrance in Art Pavilion - an actively bent timber structure, Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
- 2014 HONORABLE MENTION, ACROSS, AN INTERNATIONAL IDEAS COMPETITION. A competition for architecture and construction students to design tensegrity structures using the products of AJ System, Genoa, Italy, Awarding institution: Absolute Joint System.
- 2013 MAIN AWARD MURATOR. Main prize in the 13th edition of the nationwide student competition Architecture Architecture Murator, institution awarding: Architecture- Murator, Poland.
- 2012 HONORABLE MENTION. FOOTBRIDGE in Gdansk student competition. Awarding institution: Torus + Wojciechowski APA, Poland.
- 2008 WINNER OF THE SECOND DEGREE IN PHYSICS, National Olympiad in Physics for the AGH UST Diamond Index. Awarding institution: AGH, Poland.
Committees & Memeberships
- 2019 - now member of the Architecture and Urban Planning Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Wroclaw, PL
- 2018 - 2020 Digital Structures Group, MIT, Boston, US
- 2016 - 2017 member of the Evolutionary Computation Research Group, School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Wellington, Wellington, NZ
- 2016 - 2017 member of the DRIL - Postgraduate Design Research Innovation Lab at Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, NZ
- 2016 - 2020 representative of the Faculty of Architecture of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology at Young Talent Architecture Award (YTAA), responsible for nominating student projects for the competition, Wroclaw, PL
- 2016 - 2020 member of the Team for the Development of International Scientific and Research Cooperation of Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Wroclaw, PL
- 2012 - 2021 member of KN LabDigiFab - Digital Fabrication Laboratory, Faculty of Architecture, Wrocław University of Science and Technology (head in 2020 - 2021), Wroclaw, PL